About the CCCIQ
The Chamber of Commerce of the Québec Iranian Community (CCCIQ) is a not-for-profit corporation aiming to favor the commercial and professional enhancement of the Iranian-Québécois community and organize the community’s involvement and contribution as a member of the broader Québec and Canadian multi-ethnic family.
As part of its mission, the CCCIQ organizes various activities aimed at the youth and students, networking events, and other activities in relation to commercial and professional matters involving the Iranian community of Québec and the broader Québécois community.
Although the CCCIQ is an organization related to a specific ethnic community, it remains non-exclusive, opens to all, and involved as a member of the Québec society.
Summary of the volunteer opportunity
As part of the web development team, you will be responsible for the implementation of the website for the new projects of the CCCIQ and new projects of 2021. You will be able to showcase your programming and designing skills by creating a platform allowing the community to promote its services.
Tasks (Your mission)
- Develop WordPress platform
- Ensure adaptation and functionality of the website for different activities such as temporary and permanent presentations, events, calls for projects, etc.
- Integrate customer support system to the website
- Maintain platform and troubleshoot arising issues
- Design and configure website layout to ensure compliance to website development standards and guidelines
- Ensure optimal user experience (UX)
- Create project-specific components and modules aligned with our content and mission (e.g.: boxes, buttons, structure, etc.)
- Collaborate with stakeholders to bring their vision of the project to reality
Qualifications (Your helpful skills)
- Certificate or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- 1-2 years of experience in web development/website management
- Good knowledge of WordPress
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications skills in French and English (Knowledge of Farsi is an asset)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with various stakeholders
- Reliability and flexibility to collaborate on projects (varying hours)
In exchange for your time, the CCCIQ can provide you with:
- The chance to work with a team of driven and passionate individuals
- The opportunity to network with professionals from different industries and sectors
- The possibility of acquiring new clients
- The development of your portfolio of IT and web designing projects
- The invaluable feeling of helping a community shine and growth
Join the CCCIQ team as a volunteer
Send your CV and motivation letter and WordPress portfolio to Edwige Lafortune, human resources manager at: