Guest: Amir Ganjeiie.
A serial tech entrepreneur with expertise in new business development and digital marketing. His latest companies are 6thSolution.com, a startup studio company and rekab.app, a mobility platform for smart cities.
We are honored to announce that CCCIQ will host a session with Mr. Amir Ganjeiie on April 26th 2021, at 6:00 PM.
In this event we will cover:
How to find a profitable niche
popular online business models
Online shop, Amazon FBA program, Shopify dropshipping
website or mobile app?
Wordpress, Shopify, Wix ?
Social media marketing
The Presentation Content
101 for first time digital entrepreneurs
- The ONLY goal is to SELL and make profit
- Always remember Pharmaprix!
Popular business models in online world
- Sell a physical product: FB group, Amazon Marketplace, Instagram
- Sell a digital product:Zazzle.com
- Sell an online course: thinkific.com
- Innovative tech startups
- How big is it?
- Competition: do a thorough research
- Your expertise: be honest with yourself
- Know your customer
- Know your network strength
- There is no need to be 100% innovative! Just 10% is enough
- Shipping cost is very expensive in Canada
- Operation prevents you from global expansion
- It’s easier to sell, people like tangible products
- You will compete locally
- You can sell to anyone! Around the world
- There is literally no service/product delivery cost
- It’s harder to sell
- You will compete with the whole world
- Fulfilled by Amazon FBA
- Amazon handles inventory, billing, shipping
- You need to put your products in Amazon inventory
- Margins should be high
- You just focus on marketing and sales
Sell digital products
- Just do the design
- Use one the market places like Zazzle
- Focus on sales and marketing
- Find a niche
- Create content
- Focus on sales and marketing
Some ideas – Online course
- Cooking for your persian date!
- Learn how to date a persian girl
- Farsi for second generation kids
- Do not over think! Be brave and act!
- your niche
- Do a market research
- Launch small, run some ads
- Gather feedback
For every new businesses you need
- High quality product / Service
- Marketing strategy
- Early Adaptors ( use Iranian community in a smart way)
- Create trust
- Reviews and testimonials
Marketing ROI is important
- Ads work!
- Email marketing is super important
- Be creative and brave!
- Know your customer needs!
- Work with experts
- Based on your profit margin, decide on the ad expenses
- Find a team in Iran and work with them! Use ponisha.ir and jobinja.ir
- Use Fiverr.com
- Good developer costs around $1000 ~ $1200/m CAD in Iran
- Content creator (graphic, text) around $600 CAD/m
- Apply for every grants: have a young, female co-founder
- Apply for loans: PME montreal, BDC, enterprunerici, futurpreneur, …
- Online course: How to date persians?
- Define your target market
- French Canadians who have a persian colleague, neighbor, classmate,…
- Between 30 ~ 50 years old
- Willing to invest $100 on a course
Create your course
- List of lessons
- Record your videos (using an iPhone) and just be careful about the voice quality
- Find someone in Iran to do the post production for you
- Create an account on thinkific
- Create a landing page for advertising your service
Create a landing page
- Landing page is where your potential customers land after clicking on your ads. Find someone in Iran to help you with the design and tech part
- Introduce yourself and explain why this course is important
- Have video testimonials on the page
- Ask them to enter their email address for a free access to the first couple of lessons
- Offer time limited discounts, like if you signup NOW, you will get 30% off
Do a social marketing campaign
- Create an interesting video or a nice design
- Spend $500 on FB lead generation ads. these ads, should bring you around 50 leads, find someone specialist in Iran to help you with the technical side
- Offer them free access to the first three lessons
- Lead them to your landing page
Convert free users to paid users
- Define a smart email marketing strategy
- After they watch the first video, send them a 10% off coupon
- After they finish the course, if they don’t register in 10 days, send a 30% off coupon
- Send them video testimonials to encourage them to subscribe
Calculate the ROI and Repeat!
- Calculate the sales for $500 ads
- If you are making a profit, just repeat !
- In this case, if you convince just 6 people to buy your service, you are making a profit! Remember with $500 you almost get 50 free users
Minimum Viable Product
- High quality product
- Does the most important thing!
- From the user perspective
- UI / UX
Cash Flow and revenue model
- Startups fail because of cash flow not revenue model
Organic and Paid users
- Organic users are FREE
- Paid users come from paid ads
SEO: Search Engine Optimization
- Free users from Google
- Takes time and energy
- The most attractive lead generation technique
- Generating attractive content for final your users
Social media marketing
- Mostly FB and IG
- Target market selection
- Perfect for general products and services
Search Engine Marketing
- Paid ads on Google
- Keyword selection is important
- Landing page is important
Software Quality Metrics
- Technical Debt
- Use platforms
- Scalability is important
- Why shopify?
- Why WooCommerce? In Iran developers don’t know that much about Shopify